All three Liberty Township fire stations will serve as collection sites for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul’s annual coat drive, which runs through Dec. 6.
Any coats received by the Liberty Township Fire Department after that date will be donated to Reach Out Lakota, which provides food and clothing to families who live within the boundaries of the Lakota Schools.
“It’s gained momentum. We’ve had a pretty good response the last few years,” said Chief Paul Stumph.
The goal, organizers say, is to collect 4,000 new or gently used coats.
The drive is co-sponsored by WLWT-TV and Gold Star Chili. This year the Kemba Credit Union and Youthland Academy are also joining the effort. Coats are needed for all age groups from infants through adults.
In Liberty Township, the coats can be dropped off at the fire stations located at 5170 Princeton-Glendale Road, 6957 Yankee Road; and at 6682 Princeton-Glendale Road.
Coats can also be dropped off at 11 Gold Star Chili locations in Butler County:
- Fairfield: 4470 Nilles Road and 6755 Ohio 4
- Hamilton: 1700 S. Erie Blvd., and 1246 Main St.
- Liberty Township: 4271 Hamilton-Middletown Road
- Middletown: 2930 Towne Blvd. and 449 Oxford State Road
- Monroe: 1295 Hamilton-Lebanon Road
- Ross Township 3790 Hamilton-Cleves Road
- West Chester Township: 10120 Princeton-Glendale Road, and 7659 Tylersville Road
Coats can also be dropped off at the following Butler County Youthland Academy locations:
- Fairfield: 5650 Boymel Dr
- Hamilton: 1710 S. Erie Blvd.
- Middletown: 4435 Marie Dr.
Coats may also be dropped off at the West Chester Township branch of the Kemba Credit Union, 8763 Union Centre Blvd