A total of 17 student athletes were recognized Thursday during a special spring signing event at Lakota West High School. Overall, athletes from 10 different sports at Lakota West selected to attend 14 colleges and universities from the around the country.
Among those recognized, five will be competing for Division I programs, the highest level of collegiate sports. That includes Monty Boykins, who will play basketball at Lafayette College; Daulton Frasier, who will play football at Miami University; Nicholas Lang, who will play tennis at Northern Kentucky University; Morgan Montgomery, who will be a cheerleader at University of Louisville; and Morgan Riley, who will be a cheerleader at Bowling Green State University.
- Ryan Addinton – baseball – Carson Newman University
- Ali Barnes – basketball – Concord University
- Monty Boykins – basketball – Lafayette College
- Michael Carter – football – Heidelberg University
- Daulton Frasier – football – Miami University
- Erik Hunkemoeller – baseball – Capital University
- Nicholas Lang – tennis – Northern Kentucky University
- Liam Maloney – football – Morehead State University
- Ryan Martin – football – Capital University
- Joe McClanahan – soccer – University of Findlay
- Morgan Montgomery – cheerleading – University of Louisville
- Zach Moo Young – basketball – Oberlin College
- John Raker – swimming – Ohio Northern University
- Morgan Riley – cheerleading – Bowling Green State University
- Luke Scott – football and lacrosse – Capital University
- Rikkie Shumad – swimming – Urbana University
- Will Wilson – track and field – Ohio Northern University
Boykins, who committed to Lafayette in late February, was leading his team in scoring this season until he tore his ACL at the end of the Fairfield game Dec. 28, which was the Firebirds’ seventh game of the 2012-2013 regular season. Including that game, Boykins had been averaging 17.2 points, 9.3 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game.
The 6-foot-4 guard also had offers Duquesne, Miami (Ohio), Eastern Michigan, Toledo, Kennesaw State, James Madison, Bowling Green, Kent State, Eastern Kentucky and Robert Morris.
This spring’s group joins the 17 others, who participated in a signing event in early February. Those student athletes included Ben Pendery (football – Dayton), Marshall Stretch (golf – Ohio Dominican), Kyle Meadows (football – Kentucky), Margaret Hare (soccer – Xavier), Audrey Jennings (lacrosse – Queens University of Charlotte), Andres Martinez (golf – Heidelberg), Elle Nguyen (soccer – Northern Kentucky), Ryan Ostendorf (baseball – Wooster), Bryan McNamara (swimming – Miami of Ohio), Nicole Soutar (tennis – Northern Kentucky), Jeffrey Wray (golf – Cincinnati State), Nick Bengal (football – Gannon), Tori Turner (tennis – Wright State), Drew Garbenis (football – Robert Morris), Annie Bierman (volleyball – Furman), Mike Kelly (football – Navy) and Mandy Stanislovaitis (volleyball – Adelphi).