The Lakota Board of Education once again approved an inter-district open enrollment policy, which allows students the opportunity to apply to attend Lakota schools despite not living in the school district.
Information and applications will be made available no later than Wednesday. Applications are due, along with all required documents, by June 7. Applicants will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
As part of the enrollment process, families will need to complete and submit the following information:
- Open Enrollment Application
- District Registration Packet for the requested grade level
- Student’s original birth certificate
- Parent/guardian ID
- Proof of residency (current mortgage statement, current lease, or current real estate tax bill), and any custody documents
- For kindergarten students only: current record of immunizations.
For more information after Wednesday, visit Lakota enrollment center website on lakotaonline.com or call 513-682-4120.
The inter-district open enrollment was first made available last summer for the 2012-2013 school year. Previously, Lakota has not had the capacity to accept students who live outside the district because population growth had been so steep for so long.
More recently, the enrollment has been on the decline, as slightly more than 500 fewer students enrolled in the Lakota school district in 2011-2012 compared to the 2010-2011 school year. During that span, the district-wide enrollment went down 3 percent.