Mike Dyer reports:
McDonald’s announced its list of 984 high school basketball players from the 2014 class nominated to play in the McDonald’s All American Games this spring.
The list has players from 44 states and the District of Columbia who have been selected by high school coaches, athletic directors, principals and members of the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee.
There are 26 players from the Greater Cincinnati region – 22 male and four female players, including Tyler Bowling, Latrell Tidwell, and Tyler West from Lakota West:
- Grant Benzinger, Tre Hawkins, Moeller
- Tyler Bowling, Tyler Williams, Latrell Tidwell, Lakota West
- Sydney Brackemyre, Clinton-Massie
- Kevin Daniels, Dwight Nared, Hughes
- Vincent Edwards, Middletown
- Tim Fleming, Fairfield
- Jenna Gunn, Mason
- Carlas Jackson, Roger Bacon
- Martin Jones, Imani Partlow, Ronnie Rousseau, Winton Woods
- Jeff Larkin, Blake Simpson, La Salle
- Zach McCormick, Turpin
- Roderick Mills, St. Xavier
- Kelsey Mitchell, Princeton
- Aaron Oden, Taft
- Devin Pike, Elder
- Antonio Woods, Summit Country Day
The final roster of 24 boys and 24 girls selected will be announced during the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Show on ESPNU on Jan. 29 at 6 p.m.
The 37th annual boys’ game is April 2 at 9:30 p.m. from Chicago’s United Center and will be televised on ESPN. The 13th annual girls’ game is at 7 p.m. April 2 and will televised live on ESPNU.