A public community conversation hosted by Tina Cartwright and Laura Shorter will begin at 7 p.m., today, at Lakota Central Office, 5572 Princeton Road, in Liberty Township.
It is the second year the informal gatherings have taken place throughout the community. This school year educators hope to schedule at least 42 gatherings in people’s home, clubs, public gathering spots or schools, said Randy Oppenheimer, the district’s spokesman.
“They’re just for information gathering to find out the pulse of the community on schools and education,’’ Oppenheimer said.
Besides two or three board members the superintendent and some administrators attend the sessions along with community members.
No action is taken or official school business conducted at any of the sessions and the public is welcome.
They are designed for the community talk about any education concerns or experiences and to answer questions, Oppenheimer said.
Other sessions set for October are:
- Saturday, 7 p.m.: 5785 Path Lane, Liberty Township, hosted by Sharlene and Chris Herzog
- Oct. 7, 6:30 p.m.: Lakota Central Office, 5572 Princeton Road, Liberty Township, hosted by Lon Stettler, Strategic Planning Committee
- Oct. 15, 11 a.m.: Book Bums, 8992 Cincinnati-Dayton Road, West Chester Township, hosted by Terri Doerr
- Oct. 22, 7 p.m.: Faith United Church, 8230 Cox Road, West Chester Township, hosted by Cari Wynne
- Oct. 24, 7 p.m.: Sibcy Cline, 7677 VOA Drive, West Chester, hosted by Denise Gifford
- Oct. 30, 1 p.m.: Meadow Ridge Apartments, 5290 Aster Park Dr., Apt. 12, West Chester Township, hosted by Cari Wynne
Anyone wishing to host such a session, is asked to contact Oppenheimer, 513-874-5505.