The Central Ohio truck pull will replace the rodeo show at this year’s Butler County Fair.
The county’s 163rd fair opens to the public at noon July 21 for a 7-day run is expected to bring more than 85,000 visitors to the Hamilton fairgrounds.
“We want to invite everyone to the fair. It’s always been a great Butler County tradition,’’ said Dan Martin, fair manager the past 25 years. “It’s a get together for family and friends that don’t get to see each other much during the year.”
The truck pull will be Wednesday night’s grandstand entertainment. Oxford-based, country band 90 Proof Twang is also new to the fair and will take the stage Sunday.
Joining the two at the grandstand are demolition derbies Monday and Friday, truck and tractor pull Tuesday; National Tractor Pullers Association tractor pull on Thursday, and tug a truck on Saturday.
All grandstand shows begin at 7 p.m. and require a separate admission fee that varies by event.
Fair goers will also see something new this year – chain saw carvers from Indiana will be creating large sculptures that will be auctioned each day to raise funds for the fair. The artists will carve from noon to 6 p.m., Sunday through Tuesday on the east side of the new fair building.
“These will be big pieces – log sized,’’ Martin said. “There will be eagles, bears, pigs,” Martin said.
Almost 1,400 children and teens will be participating in this year’s Junior Fair. They will be bringing more than 1,600 animals, including 350 hogs.
Triple Treat Amusements will provide rides with an all day ride bracelet selling for $15 opening day, and $18 Monday through Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. A $10 bracelet will be available from 1-5 p.m., Thursday, which is family day.
If you go
- What: Butler County Fair, 1715 Fairgrove Ave.
- When: July 21-27
- Hours: Noon to 11 p.m., Sunday; 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Monday through Saturday
- Admission: Daily admission is $7 for adults and $2 for children ages 6-12. Senior citizens ages 62 and older are admitted free on Wednesday. Four-day passes are $20 and 7-day passes are $30. Parking is included in the cost of admission; extra fee for grandstand entertainment.
- Information/schedule: 513-892-1423 or www.butlercofair.com
- Demolition Derby, 7 p.m., Monday and Friday
- Truck and tractor pull, 7 p.m., Tuesday
- Central Ohio Truck pull, 7 p.m., Wednesday
- National Tractor Pullers Association tractor pull, 7 p.m. Thursday
- Farm bureau tractor pull followed by Country Olympics, 1:30 p.m., Friday
- Parade, 11 a.m., Friday
- Junior Fair livestock sale, 9 a.m., Saturday
- Tug A Truck, 7 p.m., Saturday