Sue Kiesewetter reports:
A total of 13 individuals have applied to join the Liberty Township Board of Trustees.
Whoever is selected would fill Patrick Hiltman’s term, which ends Dec. 31. To keep the seat, the trustee would have to run in the November election.
Among the candidates are a former Trenton mayor, the developer of the Carriage Hill development, three members of the township’s Vision Committee and volunteers on three other township groups.
“I think it’s going to be a tough decision. We have some phenomenal candidates,’’ said Christine Matacic, president of the board of trustees. “We are very fortunate (to have) the quality of people (we do) in Liberty Township who want to serve.”
Matacic said she and trustee David Kern have not finished the interview process but hope to name a replacement at their March 19 meeting.
Those who submitted a letter of interest and resume are:
- Freed Buckley
- Barry Thiel, Parks Committee
- Jim Hartman, Vision and Economic Development committees
- Shirley Sampson
- Patrick Merten, Vision Committee
- Randy Terry, Vision Committee and developer for the Carriage Hill project
- Jeff Newman
- Stephe Bacon
- Tom Farrell, Liberty Township Zoning Commission and Vision Committee
- Jason Reeves
- Rhonda Freeze, former mayor of Trenton
- Ronald Aylward
- Robert Coogan