Janice Morse reports:
After a chillier-than-normal Tuesday, expect continued cold temperatures in Greater Cincinnati today – and increasing chances for snow each day through Friday, says Jeff Sites, meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Wilmington, Ohio.Tuesday’s high reached only 19 degrees, 20 degrees colder than normal; the low dipped to 7 degrees. Forecasters advised that, with the wind-chill effect, temperatures felt more like zero.
- Cincinnati.com’s weather page with interactive radar, 7-day and hourly forecasts & more!
- National Weather Service: West Chester 7-day forecast
- AccuWeather.com: West Chester extended forecast
“Cold temperatures combining with moisture” will bring snow to the region, the weather service said.
Today, highs will be in the upper 20s, with a 30 percent chance of snow. For Thursday, the chance of snow increases to 70 percent; on Friday, it’s 80 percent.
Snowfall totals today will be small, said meteorologist Steve Rhebenach. Two-tenths of an inch will fall early afternoon through the evening rush hour, possibly creating slick roads as you head home from work.
Our next chance for snow will be early Friday, possibly before daybreak, through the afternoon. One to 2 inches could accumulate.
“Hazardous travel is expected late Thursday night and Friday” because of accumulating snow, the weather service said.
Sick of the brutal cold? Be patient. Warmer weather is ahead next week. By Monday, the daytime high will reach 45 degrees.
The mercury will feel downright balmy by Tuesday as the high tops out around 52.