WestChesterBuzz.com counted down the area’s top 12 stories of 2012 in December.
What do you think?
Here is the rundown determined by the Buzz:
- Lakota cuts $10.5 million from budget
- ‘Game changer’ development coming to Liberty Twp.
- 30,000 jam West Chester to hear Romney
- Lakota community comes together after fatal wreck
- Reds/MLB honor Lakota West freshman
- Voice of America Park athletic complex breaks ground
- Lakota principal turnover
- Volunteers build a house for local child with cancer
- Former Lakota wrestler competes in 2012 Olympics
- Beckett Park opens its west side after $2 million upgrade
- Unique businesses open in West Chester
- Lakota East beats West and earns 1st postseason win
There were many other stories that just missed the cut. See below for a few stories that were honorable mentions.
- Video shows police striking patron with batons at West Chester bar
- Lakota West choir honored to be part of World Choir Games
- Former Lakota teacher gets 15 years for child porn
- Bengals help Lakota school with aging playground
- Cherokee Elementary School student hit by car on way home from school
Remember 2011? Below are the top 11 stories in West Chester of 2011 – determined by WestChesterBuzz.com.
- Lakota cuts busing as part of $10.2 million reduction plan
- West Chester’s John Boehner becomes Speaker of the House
- I-75 standoff puts region at a standstill
- Lakota levy fails for the third time in 18 months
- Tornado rocks Liberty Township subdivision
- Lakota East baseball team wins school’s first state title
- Attempted abduction in Meijer parking puts community on alert
- Homearama brings crowds, jobs and money to West Chester
- Herman Cain visits West Chester and then suspends campaign
- ‘Extreme Makeover’ family moves out
- Union Centre Music and Food Festival puts down fall roots