For the second straight season, the Lakota West boys’ soccer team is making a postseason run.
On Thursday, the Firebirds won their second straight district title with a 2-0 win against Xenia at Lebanon High School.
In the win, sophomore Christian Lytle and junior Gabe Welp each scored for Lakota West.
Meanwhile, senior Joe McClanahan needed three saves to record his 16th shutout of the season, which is a school record. Previously, the record was 14 set by Jason Chambers.
The Firebirds (16-1-2 overall) will now face Wayne (13-4-2 overall) in a regional semifinal matchup scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 31, at 7 p.m. at Sycamore Junior High.
If Lakota West advances past Wayne it will then play for the regional championship on Saturday, Nov. 3, at noon at a site to be determined.
Upcoming Lakota fall sports postseason schedule:
Saturday, Oct. 27
- Cross country: Regional meet at Troy.
- Volleyball: Lakota East (21-2) vs. McAuley (17-7) at Lebanon at 2 p.m. in district final.
- Volleyball: Lakota West (19-5) vs. Troy (20-4) at Lebanon at 3:30 p.m. in district final.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
- Boys’ soccer: Lakota West (16-1-2) vs. Wayne (13-4-2) at Sycamore Junior High at 7 p.m. in regional semifinal.
Thursday, Nov. 1
- Volleyball: (If Lakota East wins) will play the winner Mt. Notre Dame/Fairmont from Saturday at 3:30 p.m. at Lebanon High School in regional semifinal.
- Volleyball: (If Lakota West wins) will play the winner Ursuline/Centerville from Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at Lebanon High School in regional semifinal.