Sue Kiesewetter reports
Liberty Township has added five part-time firefighters to its roster.
Township trustees approved the addition of the firefighters, effective Aug. 7. It brings the department’s roster up to 98 career and part-time employees.
Four of the new hires also hold paramedic certification and will be paid $13.50 per hour. The fifth is certified as an emergency medical technician and will earn $12 per hour.
- Mark D. Carter: A Liberty Township resident, Carter owns Deck Works. He is certified as a paramedic and works part-time for the Miami Valley Joint Fire District in Montgomery County, near Dayton.
- Jamison Benoit: A Hamilton Township resident, Benoit also works part-time for the Salem/Morrow Fire Department. He is certified as a paramedic.
- Steven Mohr: A part-time Sharonville firefighter and paramedic, Mohr has also worked for the Springdale, Greenhills and Mount Healthy fire departments. He lives in Colerain Township.
- Glenn Caminiti Jr.: A Hamilton County resident, Caminiti is certified as an EMT and works as a firefighter for the Delhi Township Fire Department.
- Russell Cheesman: A Middletown resident, Cheesman is a paramedic who works part-time for the Madison Township Fire Department and full-time for EMT Inc. He has also worked at the Germantown Fire Department in Montgomery County.
Three other firefighters, Chad Canupp, Cathleen Marksteiner and Matthew Owen will be promoted to fulltime fire lieutenant/shift supervisors effective Sept. 8. Each will earn $24.48 per hour. They will be sworn in at a later date.