The Power of the Purse Fund is currently soliciting proposals to be considered for funding as part of their annual competitive process. Organizations interested in submitting a request for funding in 2011, should review the criteria and submit the letter of inquiry on the Community Foundation of West Chester/Liberty website by April 15. Up to $10,000 will be awarded.
Power of the Purse will consider requests that:
1. Make a difference among women in the community by promoting volunteerism and effective philanthropy through the Community Foundation’s pooled resources.
2. Encourage community among ourselves and those we serve
3. Educate and increase awareness of local needs
4. Encourage self-sufficiency and well-being among those in need
5. Build a network that is a catalyst for positive change
6. Serve the Butler/Warren County communities
Power of the Purse members will review all inquiry letters during their meeting May 17 and choose the top three proposals. These organizations will be asked to submit a full grant proposal in conjunction with a presentation to the entire Power of the Purse membership at their September meeting. The organization(s) selected for funding will be recognized at the Power of the Purse Annual Grant Gala on November 29.
Since its inception four years ago, the Power of the Purse Fund and its membership has awarded more than $35,000 to non-profit organizations.
For more information and application forms, visit www.wclfoundation.com.
Posted in: News |